Date(s) - 01/29/22
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Workshop with Maria Silén – Open to Everyone!
Maria Silen, certified Qigong and Ayurvedic Yoga instructor and founder of Serene Harvest Yoga Studio, presents “Qigong,” on Saturday, January 29 from 2 – 4:30 pm in the chapel.
Silen began her Medical QiGong practice and training in 1996, and she later advanced to Medical QiGong instructor. Since 2002, she taught workshops and courses in the United States and Sweden. She has taught JanTerm courses at Austin College several times and teaches Yoga/QiGong classes at Grayson College. She is certified in the Tibetan Ayurveda yoga form. Additionally, she is a certified Reiki performer and Prana Karma therapist.
This workshop is for anyone that wants to ease the mind, body and bring more joy into the holidays. – Your investment: $20 / 2.5 hrs
- Introduction to practices and tools to bring harmony and balance into the New Year.
- How to hold and learn from your pleasures and challenges moment by moment.
- Live with awareness and become more intentional.
- We will join in discussions, how to actively use modalities like meditation and breathwork in everyday living. Further, how to awaken our awareness and intentionally practice gratitude and act of kindness towards ourselves and others.
- The practices we will explore will be sitting during breathwork and meditation along with standing when we practice the moving meditation, called QiGong. The movements are gentle and slow and easy to master.
- I encourage you to take notes, so bring a notebook and a pen and come as you are.